Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hayden Lake Idaho

We spent last weekend visiting my grandfather on my mothers side. He lives in Hayden lake Idaho. When I was growing up we would visit every year, and I have many memories of this beautiful place. Anna drove with me because David had to work but he was able to meet us up there. My two older sisters were able to come with their family's so the kids had a wonderful time playing with cousins. They also enjoyed Grammy and Papa (my parents).Saturday we swam in Lake Ponderae and burrrrr it was cold, Monday we swam in Cour'd Alene Lake, the water was much better. The lakes and scenery in the area of Idaho is gorgeous, I'd love to live there someday. I have a few more pictures of our trip I'd like to post but it's getting late so I will post them another time. Here's the first batch of pictures.





Sophia and Zuzu David and Eliza
Cooper and Renzee

Alice loves the water
This is my grandfather, we've always called him Tuk. This picture was taken last Saturday at Lake Ponderae. I was very glad we made the trip to see him. He passed away in his sleep this morning. He was 89 years old. He will be missed but the thought of him being reunited with my grandmother makes me happy, she's been gone for 14 years and now they are no longer apart.

3 comments:

Lizzylou said...

Wow, that's special that you got to see your grandfather one last time just days before he passed on. It looks like you all had a great time in the water!

Lowe Life said...

That was nice Jeanne, I am so glad we were able to be there with you and that we took the time to make the trip and create memories. I miss Tuk and find hope and peace knowing he is with Grams now.

Duludes said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He looks just like I imagine a grandpa to look. I never meet either one of mine because they passed way before I came along. I love Lake Ponderae, it is always freezing cold but brings back memories of girl camp days.