Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kindergarten, fish and fun!




Sophia's first day of kindergarten was this week. She was very excited, I think her favorite part is getting dressed in the morning, she likes new clothes. In the morning on the first day of school I was in the kitchen making lunches, Eliza was standing next to me and Sophia ran in the kitchen with her new outfit and tennis shoes on. She whispered in Eliza's ear "I'm wearing my tennis shoes to school so I can run fast, I don't want any boys to catch me and kiss me.....shhhh, don't tell Mom!" As soon as Sophia ran out of the room Eliza turned to me and told me what she said, of course I had already overheard the whole thing. I laughed out loud. It was really quiet the days she and Cooper were both at school. I've enjoyed my time with Eliza and Alice.












Sophia was excited to ride the bus home with Cooper. He won't admit it but I think Cooper is enjoying having his sister at school.

Here is a picture of David and Cooper with the fish they caught this week. We've been eating a lot of salmon. I only know of one good way to fix it so if anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Our plans for moving fell through so we our still in our rental house. We are still in search for another place.
Marae, Elise and Ben watched the kids Friday evening and all day Saturday while David and i took a break. We stayed at a nice hotel next to the ocean and enjoyed eating yummy food, playing tennis, ping pong, horse shoes and seeing who could swim across the pool the fastest ~ I lost..... not just the swim race but all the other games too, but I don't mind. The more relaxing things we enjoyed were sitting in the hot tub and walking on the beach. Saturday we checked out the farmers marked in Bellingham which I'd like to go back to, looked at a bunch of property and did some shopping. It was a great trip! I think the kids had a great time too. They needed a break from me as much as I needed it from them.
I've been so spoiled having family here to help, we will miss Marae and Elise while they are in California.

No comments: