Sunday, November 16, 2008

My field trips

A few weeks ago I got to go on on a field trip with Cooper and one with Sophia. It was right before Halloween and each of their classes went to a pumpkin farm.
Coopers class had the fifth graders come with them to help tote their pumpkins. So, the rule was they had to pick out a pumpkin that their fifth grade buddy could carry. It was funny watching Copper walking around the pumpkin patch asking his buddy "can you carry this one?" and his buddy was an adorable red headed girl, she both looked and acted like the Annie character on the movie "Annie"



after a few minutes of this (see above picture) I ended up toting the pumpkin!

Here are some pictures of Sophia's pumpkin trip ~
The rule for the Kindergartners was they each had to be able to carry their own pumpkin. Sophia was the last to pick one out, she kept saying " I have to find the perfect pumpkin, not to big, not to small, not to bumpy, nice and smooth and round!"

It was nice to see Sophia interacting with friends, I was a little worried she'd be shy in school but at times she was the leader of the pack!
Lots of cute rain boots at the muddy patch!


We had a great time carving the pumpkins and roasting the seeds.. yum!

(thanks elise and marae for watching the girls so I could go)









1 comment:

Elise said...

Marae was just telling me about your amazing pumpkin seeds, that they were the best she had ever tried by far.


The kids are too cute. I hear Sophia is really excited that she got invited to a birthday party.
I hope they have found some new friends in your ward & neighborhood.

I bet it will be nice/wierd not having any guests living with you after this week.