We went to a u-pick berry farm yesterday and picked strawberries. There was a cute tractor ride for kids. We didn't go for a ride but I let the kids sit in the barrels. We picked about 10lb of strawberries. I'm freezing some and eating a lot fresh. When we were in the field Sophia wanted us to call her strawberry shortcake, Eliza ~ blueberry blossom and Alice~ apple dumpling. I guess you have to be familiar with the strawberry shortcake cartoon series to know who those characters are. We all had a fun time!

.JPG)
Alice .... I mean apple dumpling sat and ate while the rest of us picked. We are looking forward to going back and picking cherries, blueberries and marion berries later in the summer.
3 comments:
i cannot get over how cute these pictures are!
Looks like Alice has a mouth full. When do the Marion berries come on, I just might drive over for that.
Thoes strawberry plants are huge, they make our plants look sad!!! But we did get enough berries to make a year supply of our own jam.
Post a Comment